Amsterdam Housing Authority

Participant News

New York State Bans Source of Income Discrimination


NYS has recently passed legislation prohibiting discrimination based on a lawful source of income, including Section 8.


Please see below link for additional information:



Report Every Change of Income


It is very important to notify AHA of ANY change to your income within 10 days of the change.


     To protect your housing assistance, always report any new or changed income, including (but not limited to):


    • Employment wages, including changes to your pay or the number of hours you work;
    • Child support payments
    • Social Security (SS) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • Disability and/or unemployment benefits
    • Money received from family or friends, including bills paid by anyone outside of your household
    • Public Assistance



     All changes must be reported in writing using the Change form available here or on the forms page of the AHA website as well as in the AHA lobby.   Once form the form is completed it can be e-mailed to our office at


     If an appointment is required, you will receive an appointment letter via mail.



     Failure to report changes in income can result in unfortunate consequences, including:

    • Being required to repay the Housing Authority
    • Termination from the Section 8 program
    • Prosecution for fraud

Participant Newsletters


Fall 2018


Fall 2017


Summer 2017


Fall 2016


52 Division Street

Amsterdam, New York